Library Master 5
Library Master version 5 enhances the renowned power and flexibility
of the popular Library Master bibliographic
database manager. Hundreds of new features save you time and simplify your research
New Features in Library Master 5
Microsoft Word Add-in†
More Convenient Searching and Browsing
- Library Master toolbar and menus are added to Microsoft Word.
- Browse a database and insert Citation Markers in a document without leaving Word.
- Format citations and bibliographies from within Word.
- Unformat citations and convert them back to Citation Markers.
- Reformat citations after editing a formatted document.
Enhanced Data Entry Options
- When browsing, can view only records with specified field contents.
- Each user can personalize field column widths in the Brief View.
- Quickly revert to default sort order.
- Shortcut key jumps to the first or last entry in a Field Contents List.
- Search the whole database, displayed records, marked records or a database Subset.
More Powerful Database Management
- Spell check entries while entering data.†
- Browse the computer to insert a hyperlink to an external document. Click on the hyperlink while browsing to view the file.
- Use the mouse wheel for quicker scrolling through records.
- Select accented characters and other special characters from a dialog.
- Change selected text to sentence capitalization.
- Globally replace field contents in the whole database, displayed records, marked records or a database Subset.
- Records are automatically saved during data entry.
Improved Bibliographic Database Structure
- Ignore leading punctuation in searching and sorting.
- Sorting and word capitalization recognize special punctuation marks, such
as round quotation marks and inverted question marks.
- Indexes use disk space more efficiently.
- Print a report showing the database structure.
- New database templates:
- Notecards with Scriptures: indicate Scripture passages that a particular
- Illustrations: quotes, stories and jokes for sermons and speeches.
- Optionally save databases compatible with older program versions.
Easier Database Design
- URL field in all Record Types specifies the location on a Web site or local disk.
- Include acquisition cost, source and acquisition date of each item.
- Book in Series records include Series editor and volume.
- Unpublished paper presented at a conference.
- Online journal article or book.
Improved Terms Tables
- Add a new field to all Record Types at one time.
- Copy a Literature Reference Table from one database to another.
- Existing databases automatically convert to the new structure.
Simplified Creation of Citations
- Ignore duplicate entries when importing.
- Standard journal abbreviations for various disciplines:
- Biblical studies (Society of Biblical Literature).
- Biology (over 5000 journals from BIOSIS).
- Chemistry (American Chemical Society)
- Physics (American Institute of Physics)
- Medicine (Index Medicus)
- Literature and Linguistics (Modern Language Association)
- Standard series titles abbreviations
- Biblical studies (Society of Biblical Literature).
- Modern Language Association.
More Flexible Citation Formatting
- Microsoft Word Add-in lets you browse for records, insert citations and
format citations in a Word document without leaving Microsoft Word.†
- Unformat formatted citations in a document, even after you have edited the document.†
- Edit a document with formatted citations and reformat the citations without losing changes.†
- Microsoft Word documents retain original formatting after citations are formatted.†
Enhanced Library Catalog Reports
- Omit author or date from a citation, if they are mentioned in the previous
- Hide the citation, but include the reference in the bibliography.
- Smart quotation marks automatically use curved quotation marks in citations.
New Bibliographic Reports
- Print library catalog cards in standard AACR2R (Anglo-American Cataloging Rules) format:
- Main entry catalog cards
- Name catalog cards
- Subject catalog cards
- Title catalog cards
- Book spine labels in a variety of label sizes for laser, inkjet and dot
- Book spine and pocket labels for laser, inkjet and dot matrix printers.
- Print multiple cards and labels per page or use continuous labels.
New Non-bibliographic Reports
- New bibliographic Style Sheets:
- American Chemical Society with italicized citation numbers
- American Institute of Physics
- Anthropology & Education Quarterly
- Applied Physics Letters
- Computing in Science & Engineering
of Applied Physics
- Journal of Chemical Physics
- Journal of Mathematical
- Journal of Physical & Chemical Reference Data
- Physics of Fluids
- Physics of Plasmas
- Review of Scientific Instruments
- Society of Biblical Literature (footnotes or Author-Date citations)
- T & T Clark
- Tyndale Bulletin
- New bibliography formats:
- Bibliography with call numbers
- Brief list of records
More Powerful Report Design
- Mail list databases
- Brief list of records
- Address labels (multiple labels per page and continuous labels)
- Notes databases
- Note cards (one per page, two per page or continuous)
- Illustrations databases
- Illustrations grouped by source
- Illustrations grouped by the speech that used the illustration
New Sorting Options
- Print multiple labels or cards on a page.
- Use predefined standard label formats or design your own.
- Number list field items in Arabic or Roman numerals.
- Italicize citation numbers.
- Create a list of records like the Brief View.
- Specify margins within labels.
- Precisely specify the location of text on a page.
- Sets column height in inches, centimeters or lines.
- Capitalize all letters, words or sentences in specified fields.
- Group indexed reports entries by record number or any field.
- Include the database name in a report.
- Smart quotation marks use curved quotation marks in citations and bibliographies.
- Generate reports from the whole database, displayed records, marked records or a database Subset.
More Flexible and Accurate Importing
- Ignore leading punctuation.
- Remove duplicate records from a database Subset without sorting.
- Notes databases Sort Order Files:
- Sort notes by bibliographic source
- Sort notes by subject
- Ilustrations databases Sort Order Files:
- Sort by bibliographic source
- Sort by subject
Improved File Management
- New Import Filters:
- Harvard HOLLIS online library catalog
- Librarian's Helper
- Library Thing
- Logos Libronix
- Library Program
- Religious and Theological Abstracts Web site
- RIS format (various Web sites and bibliographic programs)
- Improved Import Filters:
- First Search
- RIS format (Procite, Endnote, Reference Manager, some online services)
- Voyager library catalogs
- Import accented characters from Unicode files using the UTF-8 character
- Source date format can
be different than destination database.
- Improved conversion of DOS Import Filters.
Improved Compatibility with Other Programs
- Backup and restore databases from within Library Master.
- Store databases and other personal files in personal "My Documents" folder or a shared folder.
- Browse through folders to select default file locations.
- Set defaults for all users on a computer or for individual users.
Windows Vista, 7 and 8 Compatibility
- Optionally copy text in the font of the destination program.
- Properly paste text with round quotation marks into fields.
- Export in Unicode UTF-8 format. [5.01]
- Export the whole database, displayed records, marked records or a database Subset.
- File locations and registry meet Windows Vista, 7 and 8 compatibility requirements.
- New installer properly handles Windows Vista, 7 and 8 installation.
†This feature requires Microsoft Word 2000 or later.
Obtaining a FREE Library
You may download a FREE working demonstration version
of Library Master to try out for yourself. The demonstration program
will let you try out the power of Library Master on a small database.
Ordering Library Master 5
You can order Library Master for Windows in two ways:
Contact Balboa Software for site licenses prices and multiple
Registered users of Library Master 5 or later can download
the upgrade to the latest minor version at no charge. Registered users of any
other Windows or DOS version can upgrade to this version
for a substantial discount.
For More Information
For more information or to order Library Master, contact:
P.O. Box 3751
Scottsdale, AZ 85271-3751 USA
ORDERS/INFO: 1-800-763-8542, 1-480-632-1901 or email@example.com
SUPPORT: 1-480-632-1901 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Balboa Software Home Page | Library
Master | Data Magician | BookWhere
Copyright © 2007-2014 Balboa Software. All rights reserved.
Library Master is a trademark of Balboa Software.